Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Water Damage

I was giving the students a test today. Thankfully we had just completed the individual part and had started the group session, (that's when they get a chance to discuss the answers and submit them as a group).

Anyway, all of a sudden we sprung a leak!




The conditions in the university are truly appalling. My class and I have been breaking chairs all week. There is a new batch of chairs provided to the students which seems to have a weight limit of only around 25kg. Several students have indeed bruised their posteriors with these contraptions. I almost fell myself today! Hooray for bottoms made out of rubber ! I bounced right up to my feet again.

Apart from this, the place is so dirty, i swear that the microbiology department are conducting a mass experiment on us all.

As you can see from the video, rubbish is everywhere - it didn't just float in, incidentally. The students dropped it - like they throw all of their rubbish - wherever they want to.

There is no such thing as walking two metres over to the bin and putting your rubbish inside. Here, they have a wonderful culture of throwing it onto the floor next to them, because they know well, that sooner or later - along will come a Bangladeshi in an orange boiler suit who will scoop it up and take it all away. Terrible people really.

Can you actually believe that this is used as a classroom?

The place is honestly falling down!. As I was leaving, I discovered the door to the building like this.

The Cat says, "I weren't me guvnor", while trying to look as innocent as possible by whistling to himself















The photo on the right - it says "PULL". It indeed appears that someone did just that.

I'll just go and disinfect myself - cheerio

No comments: